NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
Primary Series Complete Training
- The fundamentals of the Yoga philosophy and it’s practical applications in daily life through the chanting and study of the Yoga Sutras with the Sanskrit scholar Sudheer H M from India live via skype video calls.
- The therapeutic aspects of the postures (individually and as a sequence up to Navasana) of the Primary Series of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga in the tradition of BNS Iyengar, and it’s differences with the tradition of Pattabhi Jois, including:
- Hands on adjustment
All the practical classes will be taught by Aura Reverol, who have trained for several years and continue doing so in Mysore, India. Each class will be supported with detailed informative guides, to complete a personalized instructional binder for future references. Unlimited access to any of the class of the schedule will be provided through the duration of the training.
- The Monday morning led classes are cancelled and a Mysore morning class will replaced them, this will give you a better time window to start your Monday morning practice at a time that works best for you.
- The afternoon Mysore classes change to 3pm – 7pm (last arrival time is 6pm).
- A NEW Yoga Nidra class added on Sunday from 11am to 12m (after the Mysore class), it is great yin complement to the yan of your Ashtanga Vinyasa practice.
- On Full Moon and New Moon days the Mysore classes are cancelled, it will be replaced with a workshop. Click here for upcoming moon days and workshops.
At Ashtanga Yoga Long Island we teach Mysore classes and Led (guided) classes. We embrace and observe Yamas and Niyamas as our ethical and professional guidelines, and all of the classes are taught under this moral standards. Read more about our philosophy here and read more about the description of our classes here.
Our schedule is flexible to fit any busy life
Mysore room is open every day (except Saturday) with 4 hours time window every class.
Yoga Nidra Class (meditation) on Sunday at 11am
Half Primary Series class on Thursday 5pm
Intro to Yoga class on Thursday 7pm
Special training is available for deep understanding and refinement on the Ashtanga Yoga method.
Yoga Sutras, anatomy, breath and many topics gain new levels in this classes. By studying the details of this old tradition we immerse ourselves into a philosophy that has thousands years of knowledge and practice.
I started practicing yoga in 2009, I was lucky enough to have as a first teacher to Bernardino Machado…more
I began my yoga journey in 2012 at a gym as a means for weight loss, but then quickly discovered….more
YOU WILL FIND US HERE3599 Merrick Rd, Seaford, NY 11783
Ashtanga Yoga Long Island