The power of the Breath & the vinyasa system
We can survive without food maybe for weeks, without water only a few days, but without oxygen we will die within minutes. Ancient yogis believed we only have so many breaths for our life, luckily breathing is the only autonomous system of the body we can control, and they developed and mastered different techniques to control the breath with practices such as pranayama.
In this two and a half hours workshop we will study the breath from 2 different perspectives: its gross side, under an anatomical perspective, and on its subtle manifestation and its relationship with the bandhas, internal body locks used during the practice of yoga postures to allow energy to flow.
The following topics will be covered during the workshop:
- Why we practice yoga postures?
- The anatomy of the breath, understanding the importance of good breathing patterns.
- Different types of breathing and how should we breath during our yoga practice.
- Breathing with the bandhas.
- Fundamentals about the vinyasa system.
- The practice will be inspired in postures of the Primary and Second Series of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga system, focusing in initiating each movement from the breath and using our bandhas to create proper alignment.
Through the understanding of the breathing process we can create better breathing patterns which will result in better quality of life. This workshop will help you create awareness on the way you breath not only during the yoga practice but in your daily life.
Date & Time Saturday, April 11th from 9:00am to 11:30am
Location Ashtanga Yoga Long Island
Cost $30 / $25 if booked in advance by April 8th